Elections July 5th! Honduras
¡The elections are over!
And I can deny I witness with glee that the PRD got stomped everywhere they were contending for governors.
See, I'd love to have a party to vote that appeased my liberal heart, but that's not the case in México. There are supposed left-wing parties, but all of them are just the same conservative stuff coated with a lot of whining and arguing. Not my cup of tea.
Furthermore, my state is a horrible state due to drug trafficking. That soared in the time the previous governor was in charge. A Governor coming from the PRD. I rather not vote for people affiliated with him and his party.
Plus, a lot of people nullified their vote intentionally. The total of nullified voted was greater than those earned by smaller parties, and in some places, even grater than the total of votes earned by big parties. There's a lot of people that don't like any of the options they have to vote for.
All in all, I liked this elections. Not because of the parties and candidates, but because of the voters. They showed a lot of interest and commitment, that's a good sign and I hope to see more of that in the future.
0 comments:
Post a Comment