Slam Dunk! Blogger Widgets
In my eagerness to try everything possible to try Linux, I was adopted KDE in Ubuntu.
I thought it was a difficult task, after all Ubuntu has a specific distribution that works with KDE (Kubuntu. Unexpected I know), which gave me the impression he was playing with the very core of the operating system to function. In a way, yes, play with the guts of Linux, but it was not complicated.
All I had to do was download and install the Kubuntu Desktop using Synaptic.
and ready.
rebooted my session changing the settings on Gnome to KDE and I started to see that he had done to my computer.
Oh, surprise, the desk looked good. Okay. In addition to function properly and some programs like Amarok, even better.
KDE environment, unlike Gnome, is rather different from the Windows environment. How to interact with files and folders does not depend on double clicks, virtual desktops "feel" more independent of one another, and visually very appealing.
But! I liked it enough.
Admittedly, this is in large part by the handling of files, double click both live giving everything and I have become completely conditioned to expect everything to work well by default. And the other part was the visual. Although it is a desktop environment very striking, with very modern features and that motivates me to say "very" more than necessary, the visual style not filled my eye. Surely with a good custom that would have changed, but good.
Now, the most notorious of all was that my CPU usage remained consistently at 90% and more. I strongly suspect it's for something I did, but I could not help noticing.
Perhaps, someday, Gnome makes me feel bad for some razóny run for refuge to the arms of KDE, but for now it is not.
Of course, now I have a lot of units running KDE in Gnome, which makes some programs work better.
Ah, you can win anyway.
0 comments:
Post a Comment