Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Use Toilet Paper Instead Of Kleenex

About Contact! ATB

The first fandom that belonged was that of Eiffel 65.

In retrospect, it is not something that would put in a curriculum of "things about which I am obsessed," that seeing it, it would be as ready to do for my therapy. But that's not the point.

During those hazy, also known as "2000" (dun dun DUN!) Eiffel 65 announced that they were preparing a second album (after "Europop", oi ) and will soon be ready.

And it was!

Unfortunately, Eiffel 65 and "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" was a simple fashion, a one hit wonder for the general public, so not had much success with "Contact", their second album, despite be a very interesting and fun album (although many are opposed to it, music can be enjoyed.)

"Contact" contains a mix very very catchy Eurodance (vocoder ahoy!), House (so hard!) And Pop (can's stop singing this!). Not to mention an excellent production full of flashes of genius from all sides.

then, I was already a fan of Eiffel 65. Let's say that was one of those fans who live in basically the message boards official artists. Ok. In fact that I described at the time perfectly. To the extent that even talk to some of the people I met in those directions.

course, suddenly came out to defend an unpopular opinion. I did not know who actually had influence among the fans. So, uh, that term is banned from the forums. Apparently saw me as the leader of a group of 8 very problematic. Problematic because we were (or rather, us) of strong opinions and we loved to quarrel in the forums and so much fun.

the time that happened, Eiffel 65 announced a record and that was soon to leave. Except he had already spent almost a year of that.

did not return to that forum except to tease a little and only when challenged me to do so.

I could never get "Contact." Due to the limited success of the singles, the album was not distributed in Mexico. In fact, Musart other singles had sold the "Contact" and included in various compilations of dance music, but the disc. Also, note the super geek that I am still on the subject.

Anyway, just yesterday I got the mp3 (or so) "Contact" and God is the net.

It is a trip down Memory Lane, for what this music meant to me and all the things that happened at the time.

So damn warm and fuzzy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment